The convenience store and gas station combination has become so widespread across the nation that it has become rare for a gas station to not have a convenience store. These are some of the busiest businesses of all with a constant flow of customers. They are also frequent targets of armed robberies. Protect your convenience store and gas station with bullet-resistant windows custom designed by Creative Industries. Call us toll-free at 800-776-2068 to discuss your needs and get a quote!
The Rise of the Combined Convenience Store and Gas Station
The first convenience stores made their appearance all the way back in the 1920s with the first being the Southland Ice Company in Dallas that eventually became 7-Eleven, but it wasn’t until the 1970s and 1980s that convenience stores started adding the sale of motor fuel to their operations. This combination of convenience stores and gas stations quickly became a very lucrative type of store and spread quickly. Today, there are more than 121,000 convenience stores that also sell motor fuel. Keeping your store safe and secure means protecting each employee from crime while serving customers. Bullet-resistant glass offers the protection your store clerks and your business investment deserve.
Employees Do Better Work When They Feel Protected
Convenience store robberies remain a persistent form of crime that leave employees feeling less than safe. This leads to an ongoing employee retention challenge for convenience store owners. While everyone knows customer service is a huge component of business success, hiring and retaining good store clerks is just as important.
By providing the best security measures possible, convenience store owners show they care about their workers. When you provide a safer place to work, you increase the likelihood employees won’t leave for a safer job down the street. One of the best ways to safeguard workers is to install bulletproof glass and windows. These bullet-resistant windows allow only enough space for transactions to be conducted while keeping workers protected. Bulletproof windows often act as a deterrent to criminals because they can see how the cash is less accessible than in a neighboring convenience store lacking the same security measures.
The Components of Bullet-Resistant Barriers by Creative Industries
Creative Industries equips industries of all types with the bulletproof and bullet-resistant glass they need to protect employees. Our extensive client base includes convenience stores and gas stations all across the country. In the case of convenience stores, we often work directly with store owners or small construction companies to install windows and other products specific to a convenience store setup. Certain components are essential to ensuring the optimum safety of workers. We begin with windows that are manufactured to the highest standards, built to withstand a bullet at close range. But the entire construction of the window’s installation is designed to be as impenetrable as possible. Our safety solutions can include any or all of the following components:
- Bullet Resistant Windows: Convenience stores have a selection of window styles from which to choose, including sliding-glass doors, after-hours transaction windows, exchange windows with natural voice transmission, and more. A bulletproof window from Creative Industries also includes a frame designed to prevent tampering and withstand the glass’s bullet absorption.
- Deal Trays: When store clerks need to pass cash and small items back and forth with customers, one of our many deal tray products offer greater security.
- Drawers: We have a robust a line of transaction drawers ideal for convenience stores and gas stations.
- Pass Thrus: Because convenience store cashiers are often required to move cigarette packs via pass thrus, owners often choose windows that have pass-thrus sized large enough to accommodate these items.
- Talk Thrus: Amplification is important with a talk-thru because the thick glass can block sound from getting through. Each talk-thru product available from us is designed for maximum sound transmission between workers and customers.
- Bulletproof Wall Panels: While bullet-resistant transaction windows provide great protection to workers, store owners who are especially concerned about safety can get custom bullet-resistant wall panels to further protect areas that house cashiers.
Protecting Your Business and Employees with Creative Industries
At Creative Industries we take the time to get to know how your business operates, the security threats it faces, and what products can help meet your need for greater safety. We’ve been providing bullet-resistant safety solutions to companies of all types since the 1980s. From choosing the right material (glass with polycarbonate, acrylic, etc.) to custom designing solutions to your unique specifications, you’ll rest easy with the peace of mind you get knowing Creative Industries is on the job. Learn more by exploring our website and blog to see how we help clients achieve higher levels of protection with our products. And if it’s time for you to get serious about worker security at your business, give us a call at 800-776-2068 to get the ball rolling!